'Artists are gnostics, and practise what the priests think is long forgotten.' - Hugo Ball

Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Sacred Landscapes 3 and 4

Sacred Landscape 4
© Sue Wookey


I've completed two more in my Sacred Landscape series and prints are now available of both of them. These are imaginary prehistoric landscapes in which I've let my imagination run riot. I'm hoping they come across as full of energy with a dash of mysterious something-or-other thrown in! Making prints of the night time landscape was a hair-pulling-stare-despairingly-at-the-screen nightmare. For some reason certain shades of blue are horribly difficult to reproduce accurately and, after two days of fiddling trying to get the exact shade of cobalt blue (unsuccessfully...) I'm beginning to think I'll never paint with cobalt blue again. Or violet. Or cerulean. Or a particularly springy shade of yellowy green...

If Picasso had been making his own prints from his paintings he would never have had a Blue Period, it would have been Red, Red, Red.

Sacred Landscape 3
© Sue Wookey

1 comment:

Teresa K said...

Wow! these are really quite spooky, the stones look as though they are walking . . . fabulous!